When during the season change , we realize that the pants or shirts which we were wearing last year with ease have become a bit tight, now we have two options: either we are going to blame the washing machine or run for the cover by putting on a diet.
Well as we really want to fit inside our favorite old clothes, the ideal diet to lose weight also helps us to feel better about ourselves and, more importantly, improve our general well being.
The most important enemies we face when we decide to lose weight is the haste and laziness. In the first case it is important to realize that drugs, last-minute slimming diets and various supplements are not a cure but an aggravation of the problem.
Although a strict diet followed for short periods of time is encouraging for the subject (the balance actually moves to the left) weight loss is really only apparent (weight loss is mainly due to the depletion of glycogen stores with consequent dehydration ). Only if the diet is maintained for a long period then and there weight loss is actually linked to a reduction in fat mass .
And the troubles do not end there …
The very low calorie diets attack the muscles by making a deficit of fat and laying the foundations for a new weight gain. If you choose to go this route the disadvantages are numerous, despite early, apparent good results. The reduction in basal metabolism due to caloric restriction opposes weight loss and as soon as you starts to eat normally, you are quickly going to regain all the lost pounds, with a lot of interest.
Repeated loss and weight gain (yoyo diet) do nothing but increase the capacity of our body to keep the accumulation of fat. It therefore becomes increasingly difficult to lose weight through diet or simply through the use of slimming products.
Here’s why: A RESTRICTIVE DIET APPROACH (1000-1200 calories a day) ASSOCIATED WITH occasional binge eating (it only takes one well every 10 days) CAN NOT ‘WORK.
The contribution of physical inactivity plays a major role in gaining unwanted fat. Today more than ever, many researchers agree that weight gain is linked more to a reduction in physical activity than to increased caloric intake. In America, for example, the average weight of Americans has increased despite the overall calorie intake was reduced by 5-10% in recent years.
Nine times out of ten a weight loss program based solely on food restriction fails.
The only solution to this problem is to increase your physical activity level and choose a good diet to lose weight. Such an approach allows in many cases of weight loss even in the absence of a dietary restriction.
Sportsmen have in fact a higher metabolism and this means that their power consumption is higher even at rest.
It is therefore necessary to “ASSOCIATE DIET AND EXERCISE TO GET THE BEST RESULTS”.
Diet and weight loss: practical advice
- Follow varied and balanced diet to lose weight that does not create excessive caloric deficits (up to 500 kcal below the requirement).
- To avoid eating more than they should, brush your teeth after a meal or put in the mouth of a chewing gum or sugarless candy aromatic type.
- Eat slowly, so you feel contented sooner.
- Perform a physical activity mixed with alternating aerobic exercises (cycling, running, walking supported, cross-country skiing, swimming time) along with other types of muscle building workouts (weights, free body toning exercises, with overloads or elastic).
- To get the most slimming effect, physical activity has to be prolonged for longer period of time, only in this way, improvements in body composition and metabolism will be stable and durable.
Losing weight is important, but always with a healthy approach, just set up a good diet to lose weight along with enhanced physical activity you are going to score a home run.