It’s no secret that people with recurrent headaches tend to take aspirin a lot or other pain medications. Few realize that these painkillers cause ‘rebound’ headaches in 70% of people who use them. It is easy to differentiate between headaches and migraines. Headaches, also known as tension headaches, are often caused by a blood circulation problem too intense.
It is simply the consequences of living a little too stressful as well as nervous tension that we live day to day: (Stress at work, home, transportation …)
A migraine is of course a headache, but much more persistent and symptomatic individuals. Indeed, in this case light, noise, odors and some other reasons may increase pain (during ophthalmic migraines, for example). Moreover, vomiting and / or nausea is also not uncommon because of pain. In arterial migraines, you may seem to hear your heart beating in your head.
Other general reasons of Headache are:
- Physical stress: physical exertion for a long time and working hours at a computer desk or can be haddock.
- Emotional stress and genetic factors: bad mood over something or to think long and can be a headache. The genetic causes of migraines are responsible for 20 per cent. For instance, if one’s family, then it could be a migraine.
- Not getting enough sleep: sleep does not affect the entire nervous system and brain is a muscle strain, which is a headache. Also, not eating meals on time often leads to loss of glucose in the body or stomach gas is created, which can be a headache.
- Alcohol: too much alcohol can be a headache.
- Diseases: Other diseases such as eyes, ears, nose and throat may cause problems.
- Environmental Factor: This factor is responsible for the severe headache, for example, car exhaust from the engine carbon monoxide can trigger a headache.
You can stop a headache without medicine also, by use of simple remedies given below:
Important – You have to consult a physician before trying any of these home remedies.
- The essential oil of peppermint: a pure delight! In case of headache, this remedy is very effective. Simply you just Rub some essential oil of peppermint on your temple. You can also mix rosemary essential oil and / or eucalyptus oil.
- The essential oil of lavender is also excellent for people who appreciate the peculiar smell. You can also use essential oils to scent the room where you are, the better is going to rest in a cool dark room and to relax to the fullest. Put few drops in an incense burner or spray them in the room to breathe in the aroma.
- Chamomile tea for a sore headache – Consume chamomile tea along with few drops of lemon, it is a wonderful remedy.
- Ice bag – This remedy is very popular and very effective to remove the headache. Take several ice cubes and tie it in a cloth. Put it over your head and relax.
- Honey and apple cider vinegar – Another home remedy for headache is in a glass of hot water, dissolve two or three teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey. Drink.
- Massage – There are three key points to massage to relieve headaches. Above the eyes, temples and base of the nose.
- Artichoke – If you suffer from headaches, a good remedy is to add artichokes to your diet. The artichoke is very good to combat the evils of the liver and often the headache originates in the liver.
- Hydrotherapy for headaches – Fold a washcloth and dip it in hot water. Apply to the neck for two minutes. Repeat the procedure but with a towel dipped in cold water. Repeat for 15 minutes.
- Foot bath – 1 teaspoon mustard, 1 cup water, 2 handfuls of sea salt. Dissolve the salt and mustard in warm water. Place in a bowl and soak your feet. For best results alternate between a bowl of cold water and hot water. Activating the service will relieve the headache.
- Using Acupressure: Acupressure is a natural remedy for various ailments. The fingertip is related to different parts of the head. Hitting the fingers against the table can ease the pain. Also massage your thumb from one side to another.
- Caffeine – A cup of strong coffee reduces inflammation of blood vessels and thus relieves the headache. However if you are already a coffee drinker this will not work.
- Relieve headache with olive oil – Olive oil contains oleocanthal, an antioxidant that say has effects similar to those of ibuprofen (Motrin). Two teaspoons of olive oil may be all that is needed to remove that headache.
- Feverfew - This herb is particularly effective against migraines. Take 80 mg of an extract containing at least 0.2% of the active ingredient in feverfew partheolide. There are no reported side effects.
Adopt a healthy lifestyle, physical activity and sleep, you can also try Yoga for stopping a headache without medicine.