Vajrasana is a asana which is done normally by just sitting down in right posture. In this Yoga Asana thighs, knees, leg and elbows are mainly used. In this Asana lower part of the body has to be balanced. For keeping body toned up and athletic, this Asana is really helpful.
Benefits of Vajrasana:
People who are suffering from back ache should opt of Vajrasana, as it is highly beneficial. For meditation sitting in this Asana is very relaxing. Sitting in this Asana after having your food really speeds up the digestion process.
How to do Vajrasana: step by step guide
- Sit while folding your knees. Knees should be folded and your hips should be resting on your ankles.
- Breath out while sitting on your ankle slowly.
- Place you hands on your thighs near your knees.
- Shoulders and your upper body should be in relaxing position and spine should be kept straight and rigid.
- Head should be kept straight and you should look in front.
- Stay in this posture for at least 30 seconds to 1 minute. Increase the duration as you get used to of this Yoga Asana.
Note: If you are unable to do this Asana in beginning due to strain in knees, you can keep a cushion below your hips. After few days of practicing it you will become more flexible and will be able to do it without the use of cushion.
**If you have any problem in your knee or ankle, you should completely avoid this Asana.